My natural hair story

2 years natural 
I got my first relaxer at the age of twelve,because my mom and every one else considered my hair to be "bad hair". In those days people with curly hair were considered to have good hair and did not need to get a relaxer, oh boy I prayed every night that I would wake up and my hair would be curly and fall on my back but my prayers were never answered.



I continued getting my hair relaxed and my poor scalp continued to get burns, or lord all I could do was cry every time I got my hair relaxed, my mom would tell me to be brave and stop crying but my scalp was on fire and sometimes she would just manage to get half of my hair done before i would have to wash it out. Well with gods grace my scalp survived the next six years but my hair didn't. My hair was Fried to the point of no return.

When I turned eighteen I started thinking about going natural and I finally just cut all my hair off, oh lord I looked so different and I didn't feel confident at all, and people would look at me strangely at times. But a few months passed by and my hair started growing out and I got about six to seven inches of hair in eighteen months. The only problem I had was my scalp and hair were always dry no matter how much grease I used and I didn't understand why.

I also had a hard time maintaining my hair the longer it got to dryer it got, but like I said my hair was around eight inches the longest it has ever been in my life. I started getting my hair straighten with a hair straightener, by my mom using lots of grease,the beginning of heat damage which I knew nothing about at the time. My hair went from six inches to three inches in a couple of  weeks. My mom blamed me for my hair breaking of saying that I allowed to many people to do my hair which was a little true, but I know now it was because of heat damage.

I stopped getting my hair straightened and got a relaxer because I didn't know what to do with my hair an stayed relaxed for about four more years and big chopped again in 2013 and stayed natural for about one year and relaxed my hair again.

I big chopped again in October 1st 2015 and I am happy to say that I am now two year natural and my hair is healthy, strong and ten and a half inches long. I will never go back to relaxers every again. I have fallen in love with my kinks and have learnt how to take care of it. I love my hair and I am no longer ashamed of my 4c hair. I no longer wish for curly hair or straight hair.
2 months natural

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair growth tips