Washing 4c natural hair

Hello Friends,


I am going to take you through my wash day routine, this is how I wash and condition my 4c natural hair.

My wash day routine is simple, stress free and painless. I only use a maximum of four products ( products list below ). Try to remember that even if you use all the hair products the best Shampoo's and conditioners in the world, if you don't nourish your body with healthy foods, drink plenty of water and with 4c natural hair if you are not gentle you will not retain much length. Remember hair products don't make your hair healthy, they only enhance the health of your hair. I also only wash my hair every two to six weeks, it dependents on the amount of product build up. I have also made a video showing how I wash my 4c hair and the amount of shrinkage I have.


Product list
Shampoo ( any shampoo moisturizing or cleansing )
Conditioner ( any )
Coconut oil ( 100% pure )
Deep conditioner ( any which I use only every four weeks )

My list of products are simple and work for me. I believe that natural hair ladies don't need a wide range of  hair products to have healthy hair, find what works for you and stick with it.

Step one ( washing hair)
On wash day I put my hair in six twist. I then apply shampoo directly to scalp and massage shampoo onto scalp. I never apply shampoo directly on my hair. I squeeze the excess shampoo from my scalp into my twist. I live the shampoo on my scalp for about five minutes and then wash shampoo out. While washing the shampoo out of my hair the shampoo water runs through my twist and gets rid of any product buildup on my hair strands.

Step two (conditioning and detangling
I app!y my conditioner to my hair and massage conditioner through my hair and scalp and then proceed to finger detangle. At this point my hair is easier to detangle and i get less breakage because of the conditioner. I finger detangle one twist at a time. When I am done detangling I apply a very small amount of coconut oil to each twist from root to ends. I then proceed to rinse the conditioner out of my hair.

Step three (drying hair)
Never rub towel against hair, simply wrap towel around your hair to absorb most of the excess water.

Thank you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair growth tips

My natural hair story